I am alive and I FINISHED the cOmPletE race! It really was a TON of fun! Crossing the finish line while the rush of adrenaline flowed through my body was truly an awesome feeling!! It might have become addicting! I had just 2 goals for this first race. One, I wanted to finish in under three hours (Yea, that's kinda a long time but they said that the course being as bad as it was can add 20 to 30 minutes to your time), and two I wanted to beat my running partner! I am happy to report that I was able to accomplish both! I finished in 2 hours and 51 minutes and
I beat Mindi by 11 minutes!
* * * * * * * *
Here I am the night before my run, posing with the hamburger that gave me food poisoning! It was rotten & very unpleasant to say the least! Luckily, I detected the yuckiness of it
before I ate very much!
It's me, stretching before the start of the RUN - -
This is my "13 miles on that stupid dirt course" FACE!
Really, I had just crossed the finish line - Aren't I HOT??
Mindi and Ceri - So HaPpY to be FINISHED! BUT already planning the next race!
Here's a picture of the "breath taking" views the event staff kept taking about! Pretty much a brown desert from AZ! Not much green, not much of anything! A few cows, a couple of snakes, and a real bear ran across the course though! All I have to say is, stupid cows!! They were on the trail at mile 11, I was running all by myself, not person in site, and a cow stuttered stepped at me. It startled me. It scared me, I flinched, and naturally I scurried out of the way and I pulled my groin muscle.
Go Mindi!!! This is my running friend crossing the finish line! Since I beat her :) there was no one around to take a picture of me! Isn't she cute!!
We had a great time, so many laughs, too many rotten, under cooked burgers, (yep, there was another one the next night), 2 high priced awful hotel rooms, one included sleeping in a TWIN bed (it may have had bed bugs!!), one very long sleepless night, and a delicious DQ Blizzard! We can't wait for the next RACE!
11 comments:
YAY Ceri!!! You did it. I am really proud of you. Yippeee for ceri.
That is so awesome! One question: what is a growing muscle? I dont think women have those! ; ) Glad you survived!
Way to go chick! I am so proud of you!! Sending you congrats hugs, hmmm, what beads go with winning a race?
Here you are Tami! I guess it's groin and not growing but yes, girls have that adductor muscle group too! It's just that boys are bigger babies and you hear about it more often from them! :)
What is a groin pull?
A groin pull is an injury to the muscles of the inner thigh. The groin muscles, called the "adductor muscle" group, consists of six muscles that span the distance from the inner pelvis to the inner part of the femur (thigh bone). These muscles pull the legs together, and also help with other movements of the hip joint. The adductor muscles are important to many types of athletes including sprinters, swimmers,and football players.
You rock! I'm so glad you lived to tell so I can hear how awesome you are...sorry about the yucky food and hotels though.
You rock! I'm so glad you lived to tell so I can hear how awesome you are...sorry about the yucky food and hotels though.
Good job, Ceri. You're my inspiration!
yea for you. I am so proud of you. I am totally motivated now to started run. I started training for something. I am going to do a 5K in two weeks and I'm recuiting to do the whole marathon in Utah. Let's Go.
I'm glad you found my blog! Great job on your race. It looks like you guys had fun. To bad Mindy got so sick from that burger!
Way to go on your race! Sounds like tons of fun except for the yucky burgers. I'm glad no bears got you! haha!
I can't believe I didn't comment on this. Sorry! I must have been baby wrangling.
CONGRATULATIONS, CERI! You go, girl! That is so good for you! So healthy! I need people to motivate me like this, so thanks!
Post a Comment