
Just shy of three weeks into Kindergarten our little bruiser (she didn't get that nickname by accident, no pun) has fallen off the monkey bars completely breaking her arm! It was broken at an angle so she had to be put under so they could set the bone back in place. She was SO awesome! She hardly even cried at all. She was brave and courageous and we were so PROUD of her ability to look on the bright side of all this. She said, "if I get a cast, I won't be able to help clean up the playroom!" A friend saw us at the doctor's office and promised Jamie whatever she wanted to help make her feel better. Jamie kindly requested gum. As Jamie was coming off of the medication they gave her in the hospital she looked at me and with a huge smile said, "the bad part is done, now I get the fun part." I asked her what the fun part was and she replied "I get to have bubble gum from Stacy, I really hope she bought me some!"


These pictures are 6 days later when the PINK cast was put on! She didn't look quite this happy in the hospital on the first day. She was SO excited to have a pink cast!! Jamie won't let us do much to help her. She's determined to get things done by herself! She's become very creative, using her imagination to accomplish what used to be very easy tasks! We know she's truly an amazing happy little girl! Thanks to all the friends that brought candy, candy, and more candy, and balloons! She sure felt loved!
2 comments:
Love the pink cast! Poor girl - Good thing she's tough!
I THINK THAT IS NEAT THAT U HAVE A PINK CAST. GRACIE HAD A PINK ONE TOO. FAMILY THING I GUSS.U LOOK GOOD IN A PINK CAST.
Post a Comment