Friday, September 25, 2009

Eww Yuck!

A friend was giving away these water frogs and Camryn's birthday was just around the corner. She's been wanting a pet for a LONG time, something that I NEVER EVER wanted (still don't), but, somehow I thought these were not going to be that bad. They do not make any noise, they can't eat furniture or pee on the rug, and they don't want let out in the early morning hours. I decided to get the African clawed frogs because I knew that she'd LOVE them! What was I thinking???

The day one jumped out of the tank and I had to put it back in the yucky water and get close to touching it with my bare hands (I used a lid and bucket to trap it) was the day I called my friend and asked her take these gross things back! She kindly understood that I was a wimp and plain grossed out by these yucky creatures! The girls were happy to get rid of the frogs for a small trade off of three beta fish. See how happy they are! Not a single tear, not even a wave good bye to the disgusting water frogs!! These three fish are named Andy, Dandy, and Sandy. Camryn named them all and she calls them her Andy-ishes!

I thought they were rid the the yucky bug frog thing because they did admit that the frogs were mostly gross, but the next day while Dave was mowing the lawn he found a treasure and the girls enjoyed playing with it for a LONG while!
Ewwe, and (a body shiver shake), is all that I can say. .. so gross, I had three girls for a reason!

1 comment:

Char and Chris said...

Oh wow. This is as close as I got to ever seeing them and now, I'm glad I didn't. eeewwwww GROSS!