Kids can say the most Payne-fully truthful things!
We got a puppy! I know, what was I thinking? We've only had it about 5 days when the girls weren't getting things done so I threatened that maybe we just need to give the dog back. Bryleigh started crying and said, "please let's just keep it till it gets big"! Bryleigh age 5
I told the girls that after school someone by the last name of Martinez was going to come over. Bryleigh said, umm does she even speak ah any English?" Bryleigh age 5
Bryleigh came home from her first day of kindergarten and said, "Mom my teacher said for homework we need to bring in our cells or iphones tomorrow." I said, "well, I didn't see a note about it." She then said, "oh she gave us one but I left it at school and you can't call me teacher." Bryleigh Age 5
Mom, are we allowed to lie to robbers? Jamie age 7
Bryleigh bought some fake nails at the store. Camryn asked her why she even bought them? Bryleigh said, "so I can kill robbers!" Bryleigh age 5
"I mean, who would even get a white car? Well, you know except for Dad. It takes away all the fun and personality of it!" Jamie Age 7
The girls were playing some make believe stuff and Jamie says to Bryleigh, "pretend in the game that I cut your nails while you were sleeping and it made you so mad that you hurt me so bad that I had to go to the hospital and I screamed so bad that all the people in Canada could hear me." Jamie age 7
During family prayer the other night as Camryn prayed she said, help us to have good manners, and say please and thank you, and other things that are mannerful.."! Age 8
Bryleigh came home from preschool and said, "Mom, guess who has a boyfriend?" Me: Who? Bry: I do! Me: What? Really? Bry: Well, I did until I dumped him! Aage 5
Bryleigh was doing something that keeping keeping her from finishing up her work. When I asked her to stop she said "OK Mom, but one more time!"
As we were talking to the girls about being more reverent during family prayers we challenged them to keep their eyes closed the entire prayer. Jamie then asked, "if I do what will be my reward?" Age 6
As we were reading in Luke 2 tonight we read that Jesus was born in the city of David. Dave then asked the girls what another name for that was. Expecting the girls to say Bethlehem Bryleigh shouted out Daddy! Age 4
The other day Dave said something about Santa Clause and Bryleigh said, "Dad... he's pretend, he's just a man dressed up!" Age 4
We were getting all the stuff out to decorate the Christmas tree and Bryleigh pulled out the tree skirt and asked what it was. I told her, and I told her that it goes around the tree at the very end. When we were finally finished Bryleigh shouts out, "I get to put on the tree's tutu!""
I put on some black gloves for the first time this winter season and Bryleigh said, "Mom, you look like a robber, but you don't have dark skin." Where do they get these things?
As I was loading the groceries in the car Bryleigh said, "mom since you bought all the groceries you have to put them all away when we get home." Age 4
I had just got done running on the treadmil. Bryleigh came by me and said, "what's that smell?" I said, "what does it smell like?" She replied, "it smells like yuckiness!" When I asked her what that is, she said "it smells like treadmill." age 4
After letting the water out of the bath Bryleigh quickly said, "mom please don't make the water melt."
At dinner the other night Bryleigh asked, "Grandpa do you know how to wipe me out? After a long pause, trying to figure out what she meant by this Grandpa said, "well, I guess I could bonk you in the head." Bryleigh then said, no you can't becuase that wouldn't be very nice!"
Bryleigh is almost always happy! One day when she was in a very good mood I asked her, "B, are you ever sad?" She quicky replied no, wait... yes, when someone kicks me in the face." Bryleigh age 4
"My Belly is having a headache!" Bryleigh Age 4
After returning from a movie at the theater, a movie that Bryleigh really enjoyed she was asked by her Grandpa how the movie was. She said, "ugh it was terrible!"
Often times as night we spray Lysol in the closet calling it "monster spray". The other day I was cleaning the bathroom and when I finished I sprayed the toilet with the Lysol and Bryleigh asked, "Mom are there monsters in the Toilet?" Bryleigh Age 4
We pulled up to the spray park the other day to discover no parking spaces and several busses. I gave a frustrated sigh and said, "you know what this means?" To which Jamie replied, "yea, we'll have lots of friends to play with!" Jamie Age 6
I asked Bryleigh a question the other day to which she replied, "I don't care, I'm in love!" age 3
Bryleigh came up to me and asked, "where are we going today?" I replied "we are going nowhere." She said "oh, but I want to go yes-where!"
I am a Mom to three beautiful, energetic, creative little girls and a wife of 12 years to a perfect, hard working and very busy husband! We tend to move around a lot, just completed our 12th move in our 10 years so this might just be the best way to keep track of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment