Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Little Wooden Pegs Can Cause PAYNE!





Well for only a measly $4,500 we were able to remove the peg out of my middle Payne's nose! She's doing very well and the surgery went perfectly. She came home and went to sleep for over 3 hours. When you hang a wooden shelf with a screw they give you a little cap/peg to fill in the screw hole... and that's what it was! Middle Payne was the silliest "drunk" I've ever seen! Now that I think about it, she's the only drunk that I've ever seen. She kept telling me I had 2 mouths, dropping her popsicle, missing her mouth completely, trying the eat the "double" popsicle, saying words like awesome and wow, and was trying to catch spaceships and jet planes with her hands. She would say oh, I didn't catch it and then lie back down and close her eyes! She told me she wanted to be a cook that makes good food, whatever the people want to eat when she grows-up and a nice mom, both of them! Then she turned into a mean drunk, saying she can walk by herself, don't touch her, and she wouldn't let me help her walk. She even yelled at me! We are glad that it's over, that she's doing good, and that she won't be putting anything up her nose EVER again!

9 comments:

Meri said...

Oh my goodness!!! Now you're a real mom! I still haven't passed that test. I love the drunk story.

Kaitlan said...

I have a few questions that must be answered. HOw far did it get up there? How in the heck did they get it out? By the way, I can't believe how big Brileigh is, and I love all those curls.

Kellie said...

did she get her pink DS?!

Sharee Gariety said...

Wow, I'm glad she survived it. And I'm glad you survived the mean drunk phase!

DeWitts said...

Oh poor girl that must of hurt. I'm glad she's alright. I'm also glad you survived the mean drunk. Haha!

Lindsey said...

Poor thing, you and her! I hope she learned her lesson! They are really cute!

Ceri said...

No Kellie, she didn't get her pink DS. She's smart enough to figure out that if she gets hurt every week then she'll have a car by the time she's 8. I guess since she just lost a wooden peg up her nose I use the word smart losely! Kaitlan, it was pretty far up there but you could still see it with a flash light and a good angle. The doc had to put her under and use some type of sophisticated instrument aka "tweesers" and a metal flat "stick" to get it out. So no incisions were made, luckily!

Anonymous said...

Ceri- WOW that is funny and not funny at the same time. I am so glad she is ok and that you all survived.

The Bodily Family said...

My younger brother put a bean up his nose one time and we didn't know until it started to sprout. NASTY! Glad all is well.