Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Payne Family First Ever Camping Trip




It might just be the last too! We had so much fun until it was time for the little Payne to get to sleep! We tried from 10:30 to 12:30 to get her to sleep without any luck! We tried a car ride and she was out in a matter of minutes! In the car seat she slept until 2:30am when she woke up delirious! My Royal Payne put her in the car and took her for a ride that ended up at the house! He mentioned that she was wide awake and so didn't want to risk trying to get her back to sleep at the campground. So, I was there with the 2 older girls who happened to take over the air mattress leaving me on the hard, rocky ground, without enough blankets to keep me warm! Meanwhile, the Royal Payne enjoyed our huge king bed and little stinker Payne slept soundly in her crib! They woke up from their "beauty" sleep just before we arrived home from the trip! If we didn't have to sleep the trip would have been a blast! The girls loved running wild with all their friends, getting icky dirty, and eating enough sugar for a small country! Thanks Dad for taking us!


I knew there must have been a good reason that my mom never took our family camping, the lack of sleep and the filthy dirt I bet our her top 2 reasons why!

3 comments:

bethany said...

I so cannot see your mom camping. She would just be cleaning the WHOLE time!

austinamasandra said...

After earing about your "experience" I'm soooo glad we didn't went cause that was us last year!!!! :)

Meri said...

Heeheeeheeeeee! I giggled hard at the thought of your sleepless night. Sorry. But Hahahahaha!